The PHEM curriculum divides into 10 themes :-
Sub-specialty specific themes
- Working in Emergency Medical Systems
- Providing Pre-hospital Emergency Care
- Using pre-hospital equipment
- Supporting rescue and extrication
- Supporting safe patient transfer
- Supporting emergency preparedness and response
- Operational practice
- Team resource management
- Clinical Governance
Good Medical Practice is an over-arching theme common to all medical practice.
The PHEM Curriculum and Assessment Guide (2nd edition, 2015) is now available here. All Training Programmes and Assessments as of August 2015 will be using this curriculum.